3.15.2003

Backwater


My instincts told me that Thomas Malthus was on to something when I learned of his theory back in my highschool days. Perhaps this new virul SARS outbreak is the beginning of his theory becoming a reality. Perhaps it's not. "It is thought the Hanoi outbreak started last month after an American businessman travelling from Shanghai infected hospital workers; he died in Hong Kong.". My first question regarding this is: Who was the first victim? I would like to know more about this person.

When I go to the shopping mall, I feel so out of place. The mall generally drives me nuts. I only go when I have to. I go to the mall to get some pants, and it never fails, the woman in the store will tell me the pants look great on me. I never know if they are honest with me or just want to make the sale. When I tell a woman her pants look great because they are off her, I'm always honest!

Driving in traffic jams is my next topic. So many people have personalized license plates on their cars these days with their names on them. This is not a good idea. Well, I got cut off by one of them and I was tempted to look their name and number up in the phonebook and call them every night at midnight for at least a month to hassle them. I'm not like that though. The thought was there though. I actually know a friend that would do something like that to make someone's life miserable if that someone made their life miserable. For me it's trouble and not worth it - but for my friend it's fun and worth every second.

Spring is here! I'm going to go put my gas mask on and go for a run. Good night, world.