5.13.2004

And late at night you will find them
In the cheap hotels & bars
Hustling the senoritas while they dance beneath the stars

Spending those renegade pesos
On a bottle of rum & a lime
Singing, give me some words I can dance to
Or a melody that rhymes


- Banana Republic by Jimmy Buffett

What can I say about Mexico? I'm still feeling the effects of it.

I could write stories here that are the truth and are stranger and more exciting than fiction. But I will not.

I've lost weight. I'm sick. I drank the whole time there.

I saw Chichen Itza and other Mayan Ruins. It was surreal. Clap clap for the call of an eagle.

I didn't come back with a tan. I didn't once go into the urine infested pool.

I noticed that people like to barter down there and it definitely doesn't help in making the nation progressive.

I've always known not to take the tourist trips and rent a car and do your own thing.

I've noticed that people bleach themselves and tan themselves and wear the prefaded jeans that look just like mine except mine were not faded at first and have went in and out of style 3 times. I wonder why people follow the leader so willingly. I wonder when they want to know who won Survivor while they could have been living reality themselves on an island.

I laugh because I had such a great time and I tend to bitch and complain about the little things that bother me on this website and you have to read them.

When it rains it pours. It is raining again my amigos.